I found out I was pregnant quite early (approx. 5 weeks) even though I didn’t have the missed period to go on. I call it Mother’s intuition, James on the other hand calls it paranoia. But guess who was right?!
I recorded my thoughts about 2 weeks in and now when I re-read them, I can’t help but think: pregnant women really are bat shit mental. I blame the crazy volume of hormones – the new lot and the old lot that were still coursing through my veins.
So here goes, I thought I’d share how I felt discovering I was pregnant with no 3, whilst still breastfeeding no 2:
* I knew it! I knew I was pregnant!
* Can’t believe I’m pregnant.
* I told you I was! You didn’t believe me. I just knew!
* Can’t believe I’m pregnant. How has this happened? I haven’t had a period since March 2014! We don’t even have sex!!
* Oh my God shall we talk about our options?
* No that’s crazy, this is obviously meant to be.
* Well at least I won’t need to buy anything because I still have all the baby stuff, and the maternity stuff and the breastfeeding stuff.
* What do I need to buy? God this is exciting! I love buying baby stuff.
* It’s not going to cost as much this time as we’ll need hardly anything.
* We’re going to need a double buggy… say whaaat? They’re HOW MUCH?!
* Oh and we can’t fit 3 carseats in the back of a regular car…
* Luckily we have the van! Thank God for Cosmo! Such a good idea buying him.
* Can’t believe I’m 7 weeks already – my tummy is basically flat.
* Urgh I feel like a fat bloated cow!
* I wonder how long it will be until I have to get my box of maternity wear back down?
* Least I won’t have to buy maternity wear again since this is another winter baby.
* I’ll just check out the maternity dungarees on Topshop website though…
* Oh look @dresslikeamum has suggested Topshop slip dresses for pregnancy and breastfeeding… good idea!
* What am I going to do about my hair? I really want to dye it…
* I’m sure dye won’t hurt…
* No I better not risk it.
* Oh I’m so excited about having another baby, it’s going to be so brilliant! I feel so lucky!
* What the fuck am I going to do on my 30th birthday? Pregnant on my 30th! Worst nightmare.
* Will have to postpone 30th. 29 again.
* Maybe I can do bingo for my birthday…? Or spa weekend… It will be ok. Vegas can wait.
* It will be so nice for Arlo to have a sibling so close in age.
* Ohhh I wanted longer with Arlo Bear (crying).
* I will get the new one into the same routine, it will be manageable.
* OMGF HOW AM I GOING TO COPE WITH TWO BABIES???
* I hope I don’t get stretch marks. Or varicose veins. Or piles.
* I’ve gone two pregnancies without so I’m sure I won’t.
* Will obviously get the worst stretch marks/veins/piles ever this time.
* Might as well throw all my size 8 jeans away – that’s not ever going to happen now is it?!
* And all my old underwear. Sob.
* I need new nursing bras. They’re so frigging ugly.
* Hopefully the baby will be another calm, chilled, hypno baby.
* Blatantly going to get a screamer this time. I’m due one.
* Maybe it will be a GIRL!!
* Obvs going to be a boy.
* Oooh I get to give birth again!!!
* I love being pregnant. Such an amazing thing; growing a human.
* I feel so ill. I hate being pregnant.
* It’s going to go so fast.
* HOW AM I STILL ONLY 7 WEEKS???