Oisin and I in Alpe d’Huez earlier this year
So there was this little Q&A circulating recently – you probably saw it – where you had to ask your kid a series of questions and record their answers as they said them. Of course hilarity ensued and some of the answers were PURE GOLD (see number 19 for a case in point).
Partly because I don’t want to forget all the funny things my 8 year old Oisin thought/said and partly because I think you folks might enjoy reading the following, I have decided to share his answers here (with my response in brackets).
Childs Name: Oisin
1. What is something Mummy always says to you?
“Don’t lose things at school” (that’s kind of sad…)
2. What makes Mummy happy?
“Being good and not shouting out” (we were probably having one of those weeks)
3. What makes Mummy sad?
“If I shout out and be rough at school” (yep, one of those weeks)
4. How does Mummy make you laugh?
“Tickling me” (always a winner)
5. What was Mummy like as a child?
“Weird” (Really, Oisin?!)
6. How old is Mummy?
“29” (spot on!)
7. How tall is Mummy?
“I’m thinking about 5 foot 8”. (Lol. Close, but I’m not quiet supermodel stature)
What is Mummy’s favourite thing to do?
“Have fun with children” (ironically can also be my least enjoyable thing to do)
9. What does Mummy do when you’re not here?
“Cry” (HA, not quite. But cute that he thinks that).
10. If Mummy becomes famous what will it be for?
“Modelling” (Cheers Osh)
11. What is Mummy really good at?
“Being funny” (always fancied myself as a bit of a comedian… not)
12. What is Mummy not very good at?
“At sleep” (true story)
13. What is Mummy’s job?
“Helping special needs” (not totally accurate)
14. What makes you proud of Mummy?
“When she runs a marathon” (I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THIS!)
15. What is Mummy’s favourite food?
“Japanese, Wagamamas or stir-fry” (probs true)
16. What do you & Mummy do together?
“Always have loads of adventures like going to Disneyland, Lego land, France, Lacanau Ocean, Arcachon, Croatia” (happy these are his memories of our times together)
17. How are you & Mummy the same?
“We look exactly the same” (REALLY?? Boy/Girl, Blonde/Brunette, Blue eyes/Hazel eyes, 8/29….)
18. If your Mummy was a cartoon character who would she be?
“Matilda because you love reading” (accurate)
19. How are you & Mummy different?
“I have a tan and mummy has a fake tan” (probably my favourite answer)
20. How do you know Mummy loves you?
“She says it to me every night” (altogether now: awwwww)
21. Where is Mummy’s favourite place to go?
“On adventures the same as me” (yup)
22. How old was Mummy when she had you?