Top Tips to Survive the Heatwave with Kids…
- Binks binks binks – that’s ‘baths in sinks’… For the baby, obviously. After breakfast, after lunch, after dinner. All day long.
- Frozen frubes – homemade fro yo on the quick and easy.
- Fan – went and bought one (John Lewis click and collect = AMAZING). Dreamt of stylish silent Dyson – reality is a noisy white plastic monstrosity but, you know, it works… and it was like 30 quid, not 300.
- Water melons – kids love them, adults love them, healthy and hydrating – everyone’s a winner!
- On the topic of melons; Boobies! Having been neglected since I started weaning the Bear a few weeks ago, they’re suddenly back in demand. Feed on little one!
- Water guns – they’ve been given the green light. Cue lots of noisy, naked children having a whale of a time.
- Baby in a Bin (new entry) – yep, filled a bin with cool water and squished one hot sweaty baby in. He loved it. Also, couldn’t drown because he couldn’t move.***
- Finally, unexpected entry: Bikinis! That’s right Mamas! Strip off and EMBRACE your hot, amazing, postpartum bod! Any residual Mum chubb is going to look a million times better tanned. You know it’s true. So go get #MUMBATHING
*** HE WAS NOT LEFT ALONE. NEVER LEAVE A BABY UNATTENDED IN/NEAR/ON WATER. THEY COULD FIND A WAY TO DROWN EVEN IF YOU THINK IT’S IMPOSSIBLE!!!